Well-known OM scholars from all over the world will collaborate by participating in the keynote sessions or organizing invited sessions on important topics for our discipline. We are expecting you to join us in this joint effort!
• Three great keynote plenary sessions are planned on important P&OM topics such as “Business Models for Advanced Information Technologies”, “Global Supply Chain Strategies,” and “Companies’ Strategies in the Digitization Era.” They will have a 3-speakers panel format, and aim to motivate high audience participation. The following outstanding colleagues have already agreed to participate (in alphabetical order): Kasra Ferdows (POMS fellow and past President, EurOMA fellow, Georgetown University), Hau Lee (POMS fellow and past President, Stanford University), Arnoud de Meyer (EurOMA fellow, Past President of Singapore Management University), Michiya Morita (JOMSA founder and the First President, Gakushuin University), Mark Pagell (Editor-in-Chief for Journal of Supply Chain Management, University College Dublin), Ann Vereecke (EurOMA fellow and Past President, Ghent University), and Xiande Zhao (Founder of ICOSCM and ASCOM, CEIBS – China) and more including industrial speakers from global corporations such as Toyota.
• Editorial panel of leading POM Journals: Editors from the following journals in the POM area have already agreed to participate: International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM), International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management (IJPDLM), International Journal of Production Economics (IJPE), Operations Management Research (OMR), Journal of Supply Chain Management (JSM), Journal of Operations Management and Strategy (JOMS).
• Special issues have been agreed with IJOPM, IJPDLM, OMR, and JOMS. Other journals could join the list.
• At least two Awards will be given to excellent papers presented at the conference. They are the Jose A.D. Machuca P&OM World Conference Best Paper Award, and the DSI-sponsored P&OM Nara 2020 Best Paper Award. You will find more information on this website.
• Social events: The conference will feature attractive social events including the welcome dinner in the beautiful awarded Nara Park, the banquet dinner at the Nara Hotel, the Gagaku concert (Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity) and other cultural events, and walking tours. Also, optional sightseeing tours around Nara and Kyoto (August 22, 2022) will be organized as pre-Conference and post-Conference activities as well as factory tours and company visits (August 26, 2022).